Take Pictures Now
Preserve the memories you’re making by taking photographs of your home now. The pictures will remind you of the role your home played with your family and life.
Reminiscing is easier when scrolling through pictures to remind you of people and times. One of the least heard regrets is that we
should have taken more pictures.
Shots to consider:
- The front of the home from across the street
- Times when your yard and plants looked exceptional
- Holiday decorations
- Special occasions in the homes like birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, etc.
- Major purchases for the home
- Times when the home looked the best and the worst
- Family, friends and pets in the home
- Your children’s height marks on a door frame
- The view from a favorite window
From an organizational standpoint, put the pictures in a folder with your address as the name. Even if you don’t take time to name each picture, you’ll have the file date to identify when it was taken. Since the cost of film and processing has disappeared, there is little reason not to chronicle your life in pictures.